Saturday, April 2, 2011

A new Child in Christ

WOW it's been almost 2 years since I've posted here. I had lost my spark, my joy. Going back and reading my olds posts made me realize I was very unhappy for a long time and was in denial.

I'm so glad I decided to join the Celebrate Recovery program at Metro life Church, I'm about to graduate and I'm so excited that for the first time in my life I'm actually completing something!

I'm excited but at the same time I'm scared. I'm like the baby bird in the nest afraid to jump off and fly, with the fear of falling to my demise. I hear Vanessa's voice my AP hahaha, "fear is NOT from God girl".

OK OK, fear is not from God Vanessa!!

Deep in my heart I want to do this, I want to become a leader and be up there telling my testimony and speaking with a humble heart.

God humbles me when i don't expect it. I'm so thankful for the ability to stay humble and true.


I love being a new child in Christ after so many years, it's like receiving a new toy and you don't want to stop playing with it. I'm so excited and I can't hide it.

As of 4/1/11 I'm still in recovery for Codependency,low self esteem, food addiction, anxiety


victorious! over depression, nicotine addiction, mistrust, anger, RESENTMENT!

Jesus has set me free! Oh yea :)

I had an epiphany today...........part of my serenity prayer that I say EVERY week finally hit me!

Taking as Jesus did, this sinful world AS IT IS not as I WOULD have IT!!!

wow so powerful and didn't get it till today. the world does not need to adjust to me, I need to adjust to the world, I need to accept it as it is and do what I was called to do "praise God" that's what my job is.

As Tania put it it's so easy to do things in this world so simple so simple yet WE make it hard.

how hard is it to REALLY forget? why is it hard? because we said so? why is it hard to trust? because there is an invisible wall there? NO it's because I said so..........

I've realized it is NOT hard to: forget, forgive, give grace, LOVE, smile, praise the Lord!

I need to live in the spirit and not the flesh!

AMEN AMEN AMEN :)

Lights out!

No comments: